This post is available on WordPress here.
Now, without further ado...
Original air date: 15 September 2011
Written by: Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec
Directed by: John Behring
After a 4 month hiatus, The Vampire Diaries is back for its third season. And thank God. For me, the week’s are never longer than when there’s no Vampire Diaries to look forward to.
In the Season 2 finale, we were left with:
- Stefan sacrificing himself by agreeing to give into his darker urges
and join Klaus, in exchange for a cure for Damon’s fatal werewolf bite;
- Damon and Elena shared a goodbye kiss…which then proved awkward when Katherine arrived with the cure;
- Caroline reconciled with her vampire-hunter mother;
- Jeremy was brought back from the dead…with the ability to see the ghosts of his dead ex-girlfriends; and
- Alaric took up residence on the Gilbert’s couch.
With all that up in the air, there was a significant amount of hype around the Season 3 opener.( Read ReviewCollapse )